Online Status Tracking of RTS Appeals
What is RTS Act 2011?
The Right to Service Act ensuring time-bound delivery of public services to the people as a matter of right came into force in Punjab on 10th Oct 2011. Under the Punjab Right to Service Act-2011 (RTS), time-bound delivery of 67 citizen-centric services to the public as a matter of right will be ensured.
If the designated officer fails to provide the service within the stipulated time or rejects to provide the service, the aggrieved citizen can approach the First Appellate Authority. The First Appellate Authority after making a hearing can either accept or reject the application, by making a written order stating the reasons for the order and intimate the same to the applicant, and can order the public servant to provide the service to the applicant.
An appeal can be made from the order of the First Appellate Authority to the Second Appellate Authority, who can either accept or reject the application, by making a written order stating the reasons for the order and intimate the same to the applicant, and can order the public servant to provide the service to the applicant or can impose penalty on the designated officer for deficiency of service without any reasonable cause, which can range from Rs. 500 to Rs. 5000 or may recommend disciplinary proceedings.
Track the status of RTS Appeals Online!
PunjabOnline Portal provides 'RTS Appeal Search' to enable a citizen to check the status of First as well as Second Appeals made by him/her. The Citizen needs to provide the unique Appeal ID (provided by the Appellate Authority while making the appeal) and/or other details of the Appeal and the Portal will provide the current status of the Appeal.
How do I check the status of RTS Appeal on PunjabOnline Portal?
- If you have the Username & Password, then log-in into the Portal to check the status of RTS Appeal.
- If you do not have the Username & Password, then register yourself on the Portal by creating your Account on the Portal.
- To create your Account on the Portal, click 'Create Account' link shown to the right of your computer screen. A registration form will open. Fill in details asked in the form (fields marked with * are compulsory). You will be asked to provide a Username and Password of your choice.
- On registration, Username will be displayed on your computer screen. You are requested to record your Account information (Username and Password) for checking RTS Appeal status or using any other services in future.
- To log-in into the Portal, you need to enter the 'Username' and 'Password' (provided by you during registration) in the 'Sign In' section on the top right of your computer screen and click 'Sign In' button.
- After successful log-in into the system, you can access the 'RTS Appeal Search' Form from 'RTS Application > RTS Appeal Search' menu on the left side of the screen.
- To check the status of your appeal, enter the search parameters e.g. Appeal ID, Applicant Name, District, Government Department, Service that was denied, Type of Appeal (First / Second) etc. and click the 'Search' button. You need not enter all search parameters. Only Search Parameters marked with a * are compulsory.
- On successful search, you will be shown the current status of your Appeal.